Monday, May 21, 2007

Getting Started

OK, I guess this is my first post, because the last one was only one sentence and I didn't really know what I was doing. Actually, still don't but now I have edited my profile so I feel like I accomplished something this time.

So, Why Blog? Because I have been thinking about starting a journal for months, maybe years now and I have not. Because I am proud of the direction I am going and want to document my trip along the way so I will remember where I came from. Because it will be a good place to record and monitor the weight I take off and serve as positive reinforcement. And even though I am shy and hate attention, I am really not shy and love attention. It is one of my truths, I hate attention and love it at the same time. I hate the way I feel on display and exposed when I have someone's attention, yet at the same time I love to be noticed and appreciated. I have learned you can't have one without the other so this is an exercise in letting go and getting what I want and learning to deal with what I don't want.

And so I close this first post and hope you enjoy my musings. And if you don't, then I'll work on believing how you feel about me is none of my business.
TTFN

No comments: